Botanical Water Technologies Ltd
55 Ludgate Hill
All rights reserved. Botanical Water Technologies Ltd 2022.
Project Launch Date: July 2022
Project Location: Los Banos, California, USA
Processor: Ingomar Packing Company
Harvesting Season Duration: Jul –Sept (90 days)
Volume of Potable Water Created / Available: 1 billion litres (~260,000 gallons) of potable water
About the Processor: Ingomar Packing Company is a producer of premium quality California Tomato Paste. Since 1983, Ingomar has been driven by a single purpose: to focus all their resources and experience on growing, processing and packaging the highest quality tomato paste in the world. The majority of the tomatoes that are processed to make their paste are drawn from fields cultivated by their owners. They control and manage every step of the production process to meet the most exacting standards including NTSS, Bostwick, Serum Viscosity, and colour.
Customers: Mendota, Firebaugh, Los Banos, Gustine, Newman and Crows Landing
Positive Water Impact: Ingredient, Impact and Reuse
Social Water Benefits:
- Community water (e.g.- mobile home parks and schools)
- Providing water to private household water storage tanks
Environmental Water Benefits:
- Water to be reused by food processors for agriculture and future production, creating a circular economy rather than further depleting finite resources
- Environmental projects, consumed by people, and used for WASH projects (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene)
- Groundwater and municipal water replenishment
About the Customer(s): The Californian drought is affecting millions of people across the state. With water now inadequate for agricultural, wildlife and urban needs, the capabilities of farmers, fishermen, business owners and residents are being affected. Reservoirs are extremely low, and hydropower is restricted due to the continuing harsh and dry conditions.
EIN News - Freshwater Harvested From American Tomatoes to Positively Impact Millions of Lives in Drought Stricken California